MicroStrategy Highlighted for the Value its Mobile Solution Provides to Enterprises, with Top Score in Five Out of Seven Categories
TYSONS CORNER, Va., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today announced that its Mobile App Platform ranks number one in Ventana Research’s 2014 Value Index for Mobile Business Intelligence (BI) research. Ranked first out of 16 mobile BI vendors, MicroStrategy was cited for the value its solution provides to its customers, with the highest rating in usability, manageability, reliability, capability and validation.
Ventana Research’s Value Index Captures Both IT and Business-Centric Perspectives
According to the Ventana Research report, “The top three companies’ products all provide strong user experiences and functionality, but MicroStrategy stood out across the board, finishing first in five categories and most notably in the areas of the business user experience, mobile application development, and presentation of information.”
“It is clear that today’s mobile workforce requires the ability to access information and analyze data simply, straightforwardly and using an intuitive interface,” said Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer, Ventana Research. “MicroStrategy’s continued investment and excellent customer examples demonstrate its commitment to mobile BI across smartphones and tablets and helping customers design and deploy applications that provide significant business value but also in a safe and secure manner.”
MicroStrategy President Paul Zolfaghari said: “We are thrilled to earn this number one ranking in Ventana Research’s Value Index for Mobile BI. Since 2009, MicroStrategy has led the way with its innovative mobile platform, which continues to be highly esteemed by independent analysts and thousands of enterprises worldwide. Our customers get value quickly from their MicroStrategy Mobile™ solutions, and this recognition underscores how integral the MicroStrategy Mobile App Platform™ is to the future of their businesses.”
Ventana Research’s 2014 Value Index for Mobile BI evaluated vendors and their products in seven categories of requirements. Five categories are product-related, including assessing usability, manageability, reliability, capability, and adaptability. Two categories quantify the customer assurance issues of vendor validation and total cost of ownership and return on investment (TCO/ROI). Ventana Research noted that the largest percentage of organizations using mobile BI place important emphasis on easy access and use of the technology.
“Our mobile solution delivers business-changing mobile apps that make employees more productive and achieve results in less time and at a fraction of the cost,” said Hugh Owen, VP of Mobile Products, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “In 2011-2012, we saw hundreds of organizations deploying to hundreds of users. Since early 2013, MicroStrategy’s enterprise mobile apps are now helping thousands of organizations, and these organizations are deploying to thousands and tens of thousands of employees, highlighting the importance of reliability, where we had the highest category rating overall in the Value Index. We’re extremely excited to play such a critical role in the mobilization of the enterprise.”
MicroStrategy Mobile Delivers Significant Business Value to Thousands of Organizations
Thousands of organizations have received significant business value from deploying MicroStrategy Mobile apps to support new business processes and mobilize existing operational and information systems. For example, luxury brand retailer GUCCI has been able to conduct business in ways simply not possible before. At the recent MicroStrategy World 2014 conference held in Las Vegas, GUCCI’s CIO Simone Pacciarini delivered a live demonstration of their innovative use of MicroStrategy to deliver a better retail experience for their employees and customers. A video of the GUCCI demonstration is available here: http://youtu.be/z4SzR44BqRw.
Of the thousands of innovative business apps in production, MicroStrategy customers across the globe have also performed ROI analyses to measure the impact of mobile technology on their enterprise. Customers are noting the many benefits of deploying MicroStrategy Mobile. For example:
- AutoTrader.com credits its MicroStrategy Mobile app as being a “game changer” that has transformed how their sales reps work; reps spend less time on meeting preparation and more time developing additional opportunities. AutoTrader.com’s Senior Director of Enterprise Data and Shared Services said, “One of the things we use to measure the value of the MicroStrategy platform is the usage from our dealer customers and our salesforce, and the usage of the platform has grown 40 times.”
- A global leader in insurance brokering and risk management said it generated an incremental $10M in revenue in the first 90 days of its MicroStrategy Mobile app rollout.
- A leading Fortune 1000 software company cites a 30 percent increase in deal size associated with the use of its MicroStrategy app for sales reps.
- A large European healthcare system said it achieved 25 percent time savings using the MicroStrategy app. The internal reporting team saves one week every month fulfilling report requests. Furthermore, cost savings on paper for one year offset the cost of the MicroStrategy app; thus, the solution not only makes the organization more “green,” it pays for itself.
- Having rolled out a MicroStrategy app to 10,000 store managers, a large global discount supermarket chain said it achieved time savings of 17 percent—enabling managers to spend more time with their employees, the merchandise business, and customers to provide better service.
- One of the largest international airports said it saved 4,000 person hours a year with the use of its MicroStrategy app for operations analysis. The app has increased the level of accountability, transparency and efficiency within the airport’s various business units and has reduced paper consumption by 50 percent.
To access a free copy of the report, visit: http://www.microstrategy.com/ventana-mobile-bi-value-index-2014.